Man Dies In Va. Wreck; Driver Charged With DUI | News
MANASSAS, Va. (WUSA) -- One man was killed and another man was charged with drunk driving, after crashing his pickup truck on Thursday night.
Roland Donald Reynolds, Jr., 25, of Manassas was killed when Jeffrey Scott Davis, Jr., 23, of Fairfax, crashed his 2003 Chevy S-10 pickup truck into a ditch, police said.
It happened at around 10:23 p.m. on the 8500 block of Yorkshire Lane, in Manassas, police said.
Davis was driving at a "high rate of speed when the vehicle left the roadway, crossed into a ditch and rolled over. The front seat passenger was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle had to be extracted and was flown to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The passenger sustained serious injuries and was also transported to an area hospital where he died," police said.
Davis was driving under the influence of alcohol and was charged with DUI, police said.
Additional charges may be place against the accused following consultation with the Commonwealth Attorney's Office.
Upcoming Events near Manassas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 50 PERCENT OFF at BELLEZZA SPA for ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY/SPOUSES
- Two people were injured as they tried to rescue a man from a house fire in Centreville.
- BELLEZZA SPA SUPPORTS OPEN ARMS: DONATES $230 SPA PACKAGE
- BELLEZZA SPA DONATES 20 PERCENT of Mother's Day Sales to LIFE WITH CANCER
- Fairfax Co. Police look for suspects after cars, property stolen