Police K-9 Tracks Wanted Man In Shopping Center | News
CULPEPER, Va. (WUSA) - A K-9 named Kato helped apprehend a man wanted in three jurisdictions, according to Culpeper police.
On Monday just before 5 p.m., Culpeper County deputies located the suspect who was traveling along James Madison Highway near Wal-Mart in Culpeper.
Dep. David Jenkins followed Albert J. Burns, 29, of Culpeper, as he drove into the Wal-Mart parking lot. When Jenkins tried to make contact with him, Burns fled on foot.
But Dep. Derek Emmel and Dep. Kato, a German shepherd, followed and assisted in the search. K-9 Dep. Kato started in the Wal-Mart parking lot, then tracked Burns to a shopping center next door.
Burns was found in a bush in front of Kohl's department store at 5:39 p.m.
Burns was served with warrants for contempt of court (for failure to appear) in Culpeper County, Fauquier County and Charlottesville. He was also charged with driving on a suspended license as a result of Monday's incident.
Burns is being held in the Culpeper County Jail without bond.
Top Manassas Stories
Upcoming Events near Manassas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Ways to Determine Retirement Readiness
- Rat & Mouse Poop, Mold On Ice Machine, No Health Permits Close Restaurants
- Del. Ramadan Defends His Decision To Not Report A Trip To Taiwan
- Peter Chang’s China Café Opens to Full House, Including Mayor
- How Get Real Health is Helping Patients with Chronic Disease Management