Manassas Council rejects abortion zoning measure | News
MANASSAS, Va. (WUSA9) -- On Monday night, the Manassas City Council voted 4 to 2 against a fast-tracked anti-abortion measure. Instead, council opted for a long-term comprehensive update of the zoning law.
The proposed measure was controversial. Residents and women's health advocates showed up at Manassas City Hall to voice their concerns that the measure was discriminatory against women's health centers that provide abortions and that it would be difficult for the offices to operate in the city.
VIEW: Agenda for March 10 (PDF)
The council voted to initiate Phase One of the comprehensive zoning law update. It will include updating definitions and uses of medical facilities.
Upcoming Events near Manassas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 50 PERCENT OFF at BELLEZZA SPA for ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY/SPOUSES
- Two people were injured as they tried to rescue a man from a house fire in Centreville.
- BELLEZZA SPA SUPPORTS OPEN ARMS: DONATES $230 SPA PACKAGE
- BELLEZZA SPA DONATES 20 PERCENT of Mother's Day Sales to LIFE WITH CANCER
- Fairfax Co. Police look for suspects after cars, property stolen