5 Snacks That Will Help Your Health and Take On Obesity | Health
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, obesity is a major issue facing the people of America today. In fact, they report that around a third of all adults and 17 percent of all children are considered to be obese. One thing that most people have in common is that we snack throughout the day and, without our realizing it, those snack choices can do a lot to help or hinder our weight loss and wellness efforts. In fact, it’s important to keep in mind that not all snacks are created equal, and it’s crucial that people opt for healthy ones.
“Research shows that snacking makes up around 27 percent of a child’s daily calories,” explains Dan Negroni, the chief executive officer and president of Fresh Healthy Vending (www.freshvending.com). “This means that it is crucial that we teach children to opt for healthy snacks. And that starts by us adults modeling healthy snacking behavior.”
When it comes to choosing healthy snacks that will help take on obesity, here are 5 to keep in mind:
- Yogurt. Reaching for some low-fat yogurt can be a healthy snack because it provides the body with protein, as well as calcium. It also has vitamins, minerals, and beneficial bacteria that aid digestion.
- Granola bars. Natural granola bars that contain wholesome ingredients provide a satisfying way to snack. They provide energy, protein, and fiber. Just opt for those that are low in fat and sugar.
- Fresh fruit. There’s just no going wrong with eating fresh fruits or vegetables for a snack. They are low in calories and fat, plus they provide lots of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Smoothies. Low-fat smoothies can be a snack that provides a good pick-me-up, as well as a boost of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus, many are a great source of protein.
- Baked Chips. Opting for baked chips or naturally popped snacks is a great way to take on obesity. Any time someone can reach for baked chips over traditional, fat-laden ones, they will be satisfying that snack craving without sacrificing their healthy.
“It used to be difficult to find healthy snacks, especially if you were on the go,” adds Negroni. “But that’s simply not the case anymore. And we are proud to say that we are the ones that have helped make such a change. Healthy snacking is just a couple of button-pushes away, today.”
Fresh Healthy Vending has vending machines all across America and in Canada. Their machines, which are all stocked with healthy, natural foods, have revolutionized the vending machine industry. Franchisee can choose from over 500 brands with which to stock their machines, opting for such items as fresh fruits and vegetables, smoothies, granola bars, baked chips, yogurt, and pure fruit juices. The machines are found in such places as office buildings, school campuses, hospitals, workout facilities, and military bases. To learn more Fresh Healthy Vending machines, visit their site at www.freshhealthyvending.com.
About Fresh Healthy Vending
Based in San Diego, Fresh Healthy Vending is a company that started in 2010 and is revolutionizing vending machines by filling them with healthy, natural and organic food and beverage options. Dubbed the “future of vending” Fresh is the largest Healthy Vending company in North America. The Fresh Healthy Vending machines offer 100-percent juices, fresh vegetables, fruits, smoothies, and yogurts amongst other healthy snacks and beverages. The Fresh Healthy Vending machines are franchised and are being placed in schools, offices and other locations throughout the world. To learn more about Fresh Healthy Vending, visit the website at www.freshvending.com.
# # #
CBS News. Study: Snacks make up 27% of kids calories. March 2010. <http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-204_162-6258547.html>
Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Adult Obesity. <http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html>
Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Obesity rates among all children in the United States. <http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/childhood/data.html>
Upcoming Events near Manassas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 50 PERCENT OFF at BELLEZZA SPA for ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY/SPOUSES
- Two people were injured as they tried to rescue a man from a house fire in Centreville.
- BELLEZZA SPA SUPPORTS OPEN ARMS: DONATES $230 SPA PACKAGE
- BELLEZZA SPA DONATES 20 PERCENT of Mother's Day Sales to LIFE WITH CANCER
- Fairfax Co. Police look for suspects after cars, property stolen