Animal Shelter Hosts Low-Cost Rabies & Microchip Clinic | Events
From Prince William County:
PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VIRGINIA . . . The Prince William County Animal Shelter will host a series of low-cost rabies and microchip clinics November 14-19 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Blooms Crossing Veterinary Hospital, 9471 Manassas Dr., Manassas Park (20111).
The six-day clinic for dogs and cats is open to the public. No appointment is necessary; walk-ins are welcome! During the clinic, rabies shots will be $20 and microchips will be $20.
“Rabies vaccinations are vital to the health of pets and owners,” said Lieutenant Dawn Harman, Animal Control Bureau Administrator. “Rabies is a virus that affects all warm- blooded mammals and is always fatal after the onset of symptoms.”
Lieutenant Harman added that micro-chipping is important because collars and tags can become lost if your pet escapes, while microchips are always with the pet. “And Animal Control carries microchip readers in the field and at the Animal Shelter to assist in quickly returning your lost pet,” she said. “We hope the community will take advantage of this clinic.”
For more information, please call the Animal Shelter at 703-792-6465.
Upcoming Events near Manassas
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 50 PERCENT OFF at BELLEZZA SPA for ACTIVE DUTY/RETIRED MILITARY/SPOUSES
- Two people were injured as they tried to rescue a man from a house fire in Centreville.
- BELLEZZA SPA SUPPORTS OPEN ARMS: DONATES $230 SPA PACKAGE
- BELLEZZA SPA DONATES 20 PERCENT of Mother's Day Sales to LIFE WITH CANCER
- Fairfax Co. Police look for suspects after cars, property stolen