SunTrust Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon to Kickoff ING KiDS ROCK | Community Spirit
The following information was sent to us by Dan Cruz:
- In its first year, the SunTrust Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon & CareFirst Rock ‘n’ Roll USA ½ Marathon will introduce a kids’ race, known as ING KiDS ROCK D.C. Hundreds of students at Barnard Elementary School will take their first steps toward completing a 26.2-marathon.
- Wednesday, February 15, 2012, 10:00 am
- Barnard Elementary School, 430 Decatur St. NW,Washington, DC 20011
- More than 400 school children
- Olympian Rod Dixon, New York Marathon Champion
- ESPN sportscaster Bonnie Bernstein, ING KiDS ROCK Ambassador
- Rachelle Berglund, ING KiDS ROCK Event Manager
- Dr. Grace Reid, Principal of Barnard Elementary School
- Malain McCormick, Event Director, SunTrust Rock ‘n’ Roll USA Marathon
- · Childhood obesity is a growing epidemic in the United States. Studies link obesity with conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and other disorders. Children who are obese often grow up to be obese in adulthood.
- · The non-competitive, non-timed event is all about kids having fun and making it to the finish line. Every child is a winner and will be rewarded with an official race number, T-shirt, goodie bag, and colorful medal – just for finishing ING KiDS ROCK.
- · Additional details about the event, including registration information, are available at INGKiDSROCK.com.
- Rachelle Berglund, email@example.com, 805-750-0582
- Dan Cruz, firstname.lastname@example.org, 619-925-7671